Another season of promise for the grass seed industry
Our seed breeders never stand still. With each new season comes a fresh round of improved varieties. The future of our industry and the growth of our shared business depends on their tireless work.
For the coming 2016/17 planting season, we are delighted to offer ten new varieties of commercial seed.
Five new forage varieties
- White clover RABBANI with very good winter-hardiness and persistence.
- Perennial ryegrass KERRY with very high total yield and high WSC %.
- Tall fescue NINKOKO with very high dry matter yield and softer leaves.
- Festulolium FOJTAN is grazing tolerant with high yield and persistency.
- Westerwoldicum LOGICS with a persistence close to Italian ryegrass.
Five new turf varieties
- Tall fescue JAMBOREE with excellent visual merit and slow growing.
- Tall fescue FATCAT with aggressive tillering and high wear tolerance.
- Red fescue commutate CALDRIS – top of the list in Scandinavia.
- Red fescue commutate SISKIN – no. 1 on the UK lawn list, with highest shoot density.
- Red fescue trichophylla ARCHIBAL with good overall qualities.
To find out what is coming in your market, talk to your local DLF representative.